Meetup is an application for Slack developed and maintained by Bryllyant.
Meetup aims to simplify generating Google Meet links from within a Slack channel.
- Meetup is executed by sending the slash command /meetup to a Slack channel.
- If it's your first time using the command, you will be asked to authenticate with your Google account. We use your account to generate the meeting link given the scopes you grant us, using the Google Calendar API. After authenticating, you will need to run the /meetup command again.
- If it's not your first time using Meetup, a meeting link will now be generated and sent to the channel you sent the command to.
- You, as well as any other users in the channel, can now view the link and join.
Meetup uses Google Calendar APIs to create meeting links. We only access and use your Google Calendar data to provide the necessary functionality of the App. We do not collect or store any other information from your Google Calendar, and we do not share this information with any third parties.
We use Google Calendar APIs to:
- Create calendar events: The App creates calendar events using the Google Calendar API to schedule meetings or events based on your instructions.
- Extract meeting links: The App retrieves the meeting link from the created calendar event.
- Delete calendar events: The App deletes the created calendar events once the meeting link has been extracted and returned to you.
Meetup also stores and uses certain Slack user identifier data in order to identify users using the App.
Ready to install to your workspace?